9.08.2016

Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler, All Pumpkin Errrythang!

So on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most basic white girl ever, what do you rank? Raise your hand if you've already had a pumpkin spice latte. Raise 2 hands if you had it the first day it came out, and you had to have the secret email to get it. Just so you know, I'm raising 2 hands. No shame in my pumpkin spice loving game.


And alllll the pumpkin loving girls said AMEN!

Today, I wanted to share with you a pumpkin pecan cobbler that I whipped up Monday night for my husband and I. It was really easy and tasted SO GOOD. I will say that the recipe called for it to cook for 40 minutes. I had to cook mine for a total of 1hr 15mins because the middle just wasn't setting. Regardless, it was worth the wait. 

I didn't take pictures through the process of making it. Mainly because I am the MESSIEST baker/cook & my kitchen is TINY. #apartmentliving But I did manage to get an end product photo before we totally devoured it. And by it, I mean our servings...not the whole cobbler. Let's be real here. I'm not that gluttonous.

Ingredients
1 cup + 3tbs all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4C granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2C pumpkin puree
1/4C milk
1/4C melted butter or vegetable oil (I used butter.)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Topping Ingredients
1/2C granulated sugar
1/2C brown sugar (I used light brown.)
1/4C chopped pecans
1 1/2C HOT water

Preheat your oven to 350*.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, & spices. I whisked these together once all combined. In a smaller bowl, mix your pumpkin, milk, melted butter & vanilla. Once mixed well, combine with your dry ingredients to make a batter. Pour this into a greased 8in dish. I used a glass dish & sprayed with a baker's cooking spray that had flour in it. 

Once you have poured your batter in, you will start on your topping. Mix your sugar, brown sugar, & chopped pecans all together really well. Spread it over the top of the batter evenly. Now here is something that was strange to me....pour your 1 1/2C HOT water right over the top. You will not mix or touch it. Just pour slowly & pop it in the oven. 

The directions said to cook for 40mins but mine went well over that. Make sure the center sets up. You can check this by sticking in a knife in the center or toothpick. If it comes out clean, you are done baking. If it doesn't, leave it in for a little longer. I increased my time by 10 minutes that way it was easy to watch and see. 

So the hot water...well it creates almost like a caramel with all the sugar you poured on top that ends up sinking to the bottom of the cobbler. It. is. AWESOME.

You will let your pumpkin pecan cobbler cool for 5-10 minutes and then serve a la mode! This is a rich dessert but SO tasty!! It reheats well and is great for dessert leftovers. 

Sorry for the not so pretty picture but we were ready to dig in! Let me know if you make this yourself and your thoughts. What are your other favorite pumpkin or pumpkin spice dishes/drinks? The Fall months are arriving & I am so excited!



xoxo,
Haley







This recipe was adapted from here

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished