4.17.2017

Weekend Recap: Easter 2017

Happy Monday y'all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. Ours started early with Good Friday off. Actually, we hit up Grassy Thursday at a local brewery called St. Elmo. Y'all it was so fun! They had several guys and a girl playing bluegrass. I felt right at home. We are definitely going back! It won't take much to get Brian to go.


I really wanted to "sleep in" on Friday, but I got my butt up for a 6:15 workout on the east side of town with a new trainer starting at CG. Who knew I liked track workouts?! I grabbed a coffee at one my favorite shops afterwards. B ended up having to work a half day but turned out okay.


We had a late seafood lunch at Clark's. My husband grew up Catholic and is for the most part still practicing so during Lent, it's always seafood on Fridays. I ain't complaining. It's funny because I grew up in the Baptist church and some of the Catholic ways are just mind blowing to me. At the start of Lent, B went to Ash Wednesday during his lunch...the priest put it so eloquently... "If it's got feet, ya can't eat." So now I always joke that.


Clark's is probably hands down one of my absolute favorites in Austin. From the food to the ambiance, it's just fantastic. It will put a hole in your pocket but when you are far away from the beach, and you're FROM the beach, it's worth it.









Saturday I had a hair appointment...just for a trim since we have one of my best friend's weddings coming up in 2 short weeks. Everyone will be reunited and I am so excited!! I stopped by the mall after and picked up a couple things. I got this sweater from Loft (They are having 50% off right now and free shipping with code CYBER.) and my first (gasp) items from Lululemon: here & here. {Disregard that dirty mirror and pile of laundry needing to be folded...real life folks.}



That afternoon we had a crawfish boil with our neighbors... T H I R T Y pounds, y'all! It was CRAZY! Oh and don't forget, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn too. Needless to say, we are having crawfish/shrimp etoufee for dinner tonight. Stay tuned!


Sunday we went to church and of course it was packed. We actually had to sit outside the sanctuary in the little room before you walk in. It was insane. Great service & lunch at Opa! afterwards. We were super low key the rest of the afternoon which was wonderful.



And back to it today, I have GOT to kick my butt in gear. The Easter candy y'all! It is the devil. It really is my favorite of all the seasons...I just love everything in pastel wrappers or shaped like eggs. So. dang. cute. I'll leave you with this cute picture of our pup.


Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished