11.02.2015

That time we moved to Texas...

Hi Friends!! Sorry I have been quiet on the blog. Let's jump right into it shall we?

For about the past 2 months, Brian and I have been preparing ourselves to list our home, pack up our house, and move 1100 miles away to Austin, TX. It has been crazy, exciting, and scary. If you follow me on instagram, you probably saw my announcement but here is the blog official, if you will.

I won't lie -- I cried...like the kind of crying that makes me you have to catch your breath. Yes folks. I was scared to death. I am horrible about "what if-ing" EVERY SITUATION that requires a major decision.

I was mainly concerned about selling our house. That is still a work in progress but I'm OK with it. It was interesting; the day after I had my breakdown (call it what you will...just owning it folks.) was a Sunday. We were in our last Sunday school class at church. And what do you know? The lesson was on fear. I laughed to myself and looked right at Brian and was like "Got it." The Lord just laid it right on me in that lesson. And I have been OK ever since. Funny how His plan is so much better huh?

We have only had two weekends really. Both of which have been downpours. First thing I do in a new place, check out the food. Lord, help my waistline. We did check out Torchy's Tacos on Saturday and it was fabulous. We went to the food truck, but they have several restaurants around Austin.


The Democrat & The Baja Shrimp tacos with a side of street corn!

I hope to keep y'all up to date on our adventures here. Please leave me a message if there are any hidden gems that you know about near or around Austin.

xoxo,
Haley

1 comment :

Sara Lynn said...

Those tacos look DELISH!! I hope yall are settling in well and enjoying Texas!

Blog Design by Get Polished