7.12.2018

Life Update - Home Buying, Luke, & the #NSALE

Hi friends! It's been a bit since I've written here. Life has been quite the whirlwind. I figured I'd update y'all on everything happening these days. We have been busy busy busy and had our both sets of parents in town in town one time or another.

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!
That's right. No more apartment life. We moved about 30-40 minutes north of Austin to a cute little suburb. We love it because there is a lot less traffic, more ROOM to spread out, and just a change of scenery. It's so funny. When people found out we bought a house, they all said "So it's permanent huh?" Not really. Brian's job is here right now; but we both agreed, if they called him tomorrow to come back east, we would put the house on the market in a skinny minute. Nothing is ever really permanent. We love the house, but we definitely would love being closer to home more.

LUKE
He is growing like a weed y'all. He turned 4 months this past Monday. He is so happy and smiley. I can't get enough of him. He learned to roll to his belly 2 days before he turned 4 months old. Cue the freak out when I woke up and saw him on the monitor. But, it's just great because it means he is growing and learning to do all the things. We have also spent a lot of our Saturdays at the pool. He is so calm there and naps like a champ (AT THE POOL) when it's time. It gives Mom & Daddy a bit of downtime to enjoy adult talk....and beverages.


Bathing Suit, Amazon | Sunglasses, Quay Australia (ON SALE for HALF OFF!!) | Hat, Local Find
Luke's Rash Guard, Target | Luke's Swim Shorts, Target | 
Luke's Hat, i Play | Sunglasses, Target (similar)

We have also been in PT since a little bit past his 2 month birthday/doctor's appointment. He was diagnosed with Torticollis at his 2 month appointment. That was causing Plagiocephaly. He is doing GREAT with fixing his torticollis, and he will be getting a DocBand next week to help round out his head shape. And can we all say AMEN that insurance is taking care of it 100%?!

EXERCISE
I totally understand since having Luke just how tough it is to get back into the swing of things when it comes to exercising regularly. Between work schedules/feedings/all the things, it is TOUGH. When we moved, it became even tougher. My beloved CG (Camp Gladiator) was not really working out anymore as far as times of classes. I cancelled that, MUCH to my dismay. I really needed a 4:30am class to swing it. I didn't want to take time away from Brian and I in the evenings by going to a class. I started FASTer Way to Fat Loss which has been so eye opening. It pairs exercising with eating WHOLE foods, carb cycling, and the most important FASTING. Let me tell you something, nothing tastes as good as healthy food AFTER you have been fasting. And, you get to eat {healthy} carbs so there ya go. I will post more on that as I am only in the first official week. My main reasoning behind this was to get me eating better. As a mom, I found myself scrounging. Eating crackers here. Grabbing a cookie there. Not really focusing on what I was eating -- just putting something in my mouth because I was hungry. It has really helped me plan out my meals to hit those good macros.

WORK
Back to work has been good. I have a sales conference at the end of August. I am looking forward to it because it's always nice to really interact with other people when you work from home. It can definitely get lonely. I am thankful I can work from home, but it's always nice to get back to see my colleagues and be in an office setting.

Lastly, here are a few items I picked up from the #NSale. I didn't blow it out of the water but picked up some staples. What did you find? Are you shopping it?





It's good to be back. I really really really am going to try and do my very best to start being more consistent here. Y'all hold me accountable! What do you want to hear?!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished