2.13.2018

This and That: Life Update

Hi friends! I thought I'd just chit chat with y'all today and give a little bit of life updates. I feel like we have so much going on but at the same time, not much at all. Do you ever feel like that?

Moving on, it's LOVE WEEK! I know that Valentine's is a made up holiday, but I really do love it so much. Nothing makes me happier than seeing all the pink and red candies, flowers, balloons, and cards. But please...leave the stuffed teddy bears alone. HA! You don't have to have a significant other to celebrate...honest. There's always galentines! Last year, B and I hit up In&Out for our Valentine's dinner. Yes, you read that right. We went and got cheeseburgers and fries. It couldn't have been more us if you tried. And guess what, we are going to keep this 'tradition' and do it again this year. Ain't no shame in our game! I don't need steak and lobster (ew!!). And I really don't care to be dressing up at this point in my pregnancy. Sooooo cheeseburgers and fries are our choice. Do y'all do anything low key? Or is Valentine's an over the top holiday for you? BTW, did you see my Valentine's dessert post?

This past weekend (Friday) to be exact...I think I temporarily lost my mind. I for some reason freaked myself out (for no good reason at all) that this baby was coming any day. Y'all, I'll be 35 weeks on Thursday. He could very well come at any time (but let's be real, we have a few weeks), but I had myself in a straight up panic and started throwing everything into a suitcase. I wasn't even happy with it because it wasn't organized, and I didn't have time to plan everything out. And GOD FORBID, I didn't have my own going home outfit -- don't worry, I ordered it, and it will be here Thursday. I can't even begin to tell you how crazy my mind works. Of course, B set me straight once he got home and told me to take a chill pill. We made lists of what we have left to do and pack. I have him packed as well as baby. I just have a few last minute things coming in/things I need to put together (nurse gifts!).

I guess the fact that my next appointment starts my series of weekly visits. How did I get here so fast? I have constantly gone over things in my head...do we have everything? Am I ready? Is B ready? What about Gopher? Is he going to even like the baby? Will we know what to do? Is B going to pass out in the delivery room? It's hard to anticipate the unexpected...truly. Especially for quite a monumental event in one's life. I think we are as 'ready' as we'll ever be.

Does anyone else like the new snapchat? I think it's AWFUL. I hardly get on it anymore and mainly just watch InstaStories. I feel like everyone is migrating there and away from snapchat. Now, if Instagram would just go back to the regular scheduled programming and not this STUPID algorithm, we'd be in business. If you aren't following me on Insta, be sure to find me! I post there mostly.

This Wednesday starts Lent. Is anyone out there giving up anything or taking on anything? B always does a better job at this than me. He is giving up quite a bit this year (alcohol in general being one). A podcast he listens to suggested doing an almsgiving which we already do with our snack packs. I think giving back to those in need is so important. Why not incorporate both almsgiving and volunteering to your Lenten season? Junior League of Austin and helping those we pass on Austin street corners has been eye opening. I highly suggest getting out of your comfort zone and helping. I promise you have the time...sacrificing that show or sleeping in, you can be helping. You just don't really know, until you know. I know that we will so encourage this once baby is old enough. Just a challenge. :)





And I can't leave y'all on too much of a serious note so here are some recent purchases of mine. Some aren't here yet so I'm patiently waiting stalking the delivery man. Anybody else this way? I'm also refusing to buy any real Spring clothes (even though it's about to kill me) because I want to see just how much weight is left over after baby and where I stand on sizing.



Happy Fat Tuesday!!
 

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished