4.27.2010

Struggling.

Lately, I have been struggling with the fact that I still am NOT employed and other underlying problems in my life. It is very hard to be optimistic when the most important things in life are dragging you down. I have applied to countless jobs. I honestly can't remember the actual number. This has been going on since January... JANUARY! I know some people don't find a job for over a year. But I am the person who is 1. impatient 2. bored 3. BROKE! and 4. Ready to move on with my BIG GIRL life (as so many put it.) A lot of people have said, "don't rush it." Listen folks. Nothing antagonizes me more than to be 22 years old and living at home with Mom and Dad and little bratty sister [She's a junior in high school and think she is the bee's knees-- talk about A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E!] and not having an income. I want to be on my own; an independent woman if you will.

I know that God does things in His time. My problem is my understanding that and my patience. I know the Lord gives you what you can handle. And I am trying to handle it to the best of my ability. It is just very hard when the majority of your friends have JOBS!

So friends, I ask if you will please pray for me and my patience and my full understanding that things are done on His schedule and are done what's best for me.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

2 comments :

Paige said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sending good thoughts your way...I know how testing it can be living at home...I have a sister who's a junior in HS as well and you're right, the one word I can think of to describe it is SASS. And not the good kind either ;) Have a great rest of the week!

D said...

I love you and I know this is driving you nuts. I will say an extra prayer for you each night. You pray for me that I can find a better teaching job and I will pray for you. We will have our big girl careers that make us happy one day. Love you mucho! Til then we will BLOG about it.

Blog Design by Get Polished